Leader

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

My Mission

I have been playing video games since I first touched a computer eleven years ago. From the begining, I have, like most other gamers, been searching for that one, perfect game. I've flitted from title to title, all of which didn't satisfy my wants and needs. Don't get me wrong, I've played many excellent games, notably Star Wars: Empire at War, but none have fully satisfied me or kept me coming back time and time again.

So, my mission in this blog, is to analyze, think, and pretty much just spout out ideas about games. What makes a game work, and what doesn't...what I like in a game, and what I hate. All of this is to find a basis for the perfect game. A game that anyone can pick up and relate to, and anyone can enjoy. A game that will make a game company a lot of money, while still satisfying the customer. I want to find the strong points that would make a game that would transcend all previous videogames.

Now, I'll state right now, I'm not affiliated with any gaming companies, nor have any wishes to make a game myself. If you want to use the ideas I philosophize about to make an excellent game, go right ahead, but if you make it big, remember me :-p

A second note before I sign off on this first post. All the ideas represented here are my intellectual property. If you want to reference the ideas here, all I ask is a clearly visible link to this blog and the appropriate by-line for my material.

So, coming soon I'm going to examine the good, the bad, and the evil, as I look at my recent gaming experiences with a title from a few years ago: Evil Genius. I recently got back into this title, and was messing around with it. There are definately some good parts of this game, but since I've already fallen out of interest with it, it isn't quite the perfect game. More on that, coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment