As a closer to MMORPGs, here is the top 5 list of MMORPGs.
5. Star Wars Galaxies NGE: While not a good game technically, the attempts to turn it from a total disaster into something playable make this worth a top spot. That and Smedley apologized for it, which is a step in the right direction.
4. Final Fantasy XI: The game has a nice levelling system, where once you gain a level in a class, you don't loose it, and can change classes at will. The community aspect is great at the end-game levels, and the crafting system is unique.
3. Anarchy Online: Base game without any expansions is 100% free for life, and their base game has over 200 levels per character and a ton of classes and races for free. AO level system gives you total control over your character. Biggest failure is that the game almost went under when it was released, but now is fairing pretty well. Bad graphics, but a good game
2. World of Warcraft: I can't disagree with their marketing and their numbers. They are one of the most successful, if not the most successful MMORPG on the market currently, and they are still growing and learning.
1. Star Wars Galaxies Classic: The extensive skill system is what is amazing about this title. The plans that were made for it originally were extensive and amazing. The community is where it really wins out, as the entire game revolves around the community from the beginning.