Leader

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Skyrim Crafting

Okay, I've been trying hard to avoid outright buying what I feel are overpriced new games ($60 is a lot of money for someone on a budget), but Skyrim might break my will. The reason is not the dragons, the fact its Elder Scrolls, or the overall gameplay....but the crafting.

If you've read this blog you know I am a proponent of crafting in RPGs. While I haven't played Skyrim yet, descriptions from my friends and reading about it online has me believing that they have taken the alchemy system from Morrowind and made it much better. In addition they have added back enchanting, and various smithing/tanning/etc stuff as well. Is it perfect? Probably not, but it is definately a step in the right direction (over not having a crafting system at all). This sounds awesome...even more awesome than fighting dragons.

Brief thoughts, but I'm still debating getting the game now or waiting for a price drop/someone to sell it to gamestop to get it at a discount.
-VG

No comments:

Post a Comment